Madaid.org awards $4,000 in scholarships each year to students who either face disability, have to support disabled family members or want to pursue a career supporting disabled people.
According to the World Bank:
- 15% of people around the world have some form of disability.
- The number of people who have a significant physical disability is between 110 and 190 million.
In the US, according to DoSomething.org:
- There are over 74 million people in America who are classed as having a physical disability.
With the Madaid.org Scholarship, we want to challenge current and prospective college students to share their story on how we can make the world better and easier for the disabled.
Every year, Madaid.org will select two winners in the essay contest. The winners will receive awards toward their tuition at their respective colleges and universities. The winning applicants for first and second place receive scholarships in the amounts of $3000 and $1000, respectively. The scholarship awards may only be used to pay for college tuition and/or educational expenses. There are no fees associated with submitting an application for this scholarship.
Madaid.org is currently not accepting scholarship applications.
The application deadline was December 16, 2016, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
Winners will be announced to the public no later than February 25, 2016.
The Madaid.org Scholarship essay contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are currently 18 years old or older. Applicants must be accepted to, or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the United States. Only one submission per student is allowed.
To apply for the Madaid.org Scholarship, all you need to do is share your vision for a better and easier world for the disabled, both mentally and physically.
Applicants must submit a typed essay (2000–2500 words) and it must be signed with a full name, along with the applicant’s email address, phone number and residential address.
The winning applicants will be determined based on the essay content, style of writing and originality.
How to Apply
- Email your essay as well as well as your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The top two winners, as selected by the judges, will be notified via email.
- Winners will be announced to the public on Madaid.org/scholarships as well as at facebook.com/madaid.org